- A Hardscape is the part of a building’s grounds consisting of structures, such as patios, retaining walls, and walkways, made with hard materials.
- A Hardscape Restoration Professional is a trained and certified individual in the application of the proper products and procedures to restore and protect existing hardscapes, while maintaining the functionality and aesthetics and limiting expensive replacement costs.
- Polymeric jointing sand is a high tech mix of sand and binder, specially formulated for filling narrow or wide joints when installing pavers or slabs, or when replacing existing joints.
- Sealer is a material usually applied as a liquid that is used to protect, waterproof, enhance color, and in some cases reduce abrasion.
- Efflorescence is a white deposit of calcium carbonate on concrete surfaces. If results from the reaction of calcium hydroxide with carbon dioxide from the air. The presence of efflorescence does not compromise the structural integrity and is not indicative of a flawed product.
- Techniseal is an industry leader in providing innovative care solutions through its state of the art technologies, Techniseal offers only premium quality treatments to help clean and protect the exterior surfaces of homes.
What is the importance of interlock?
Interlock is frictional forces between paving units that prevent them from rotating, or moving horizontally or vertically in relation to each other; also defined as the inability of a concrete paver to move independently of its neighbors. The friction forces enable load transfer among the paving units.
What are the benefits of using Polymeric jointing materials?
The benefits of using a polymeric jointing material are that it remains stable, resists erosion, helps prevent insect infestation, inhibits weed growth, and remains flexible.
What is the lifespan of polymeric jointing sand?
Properly applied polymeric jointing sand can last well beyond ten years.
What are the benefits to cleaning and sealing hardscapes?
Hardscapes are typically a substantial investment and chosen for their long lasting beauty. However, this high quality material is not impervious to substances that can penetrate, deteriorate, and be difficult to remove. The benefits of cleaning and sealing will restore, enhance color, and keep the hardscape attractive and easy to maintain.
Will sealing make my hardscape surface slippery when wet?
No, although some sealers are designed to reduce abrasion, others are designed to function without altering the appearance or performance of the surface, even when wet.
How soon can I seal my hardscape after installation?
Polymeric jointing sand requires 30 days of curing time before sealing. However, in the case of a new concrete surface, it is recommended that a wait of 60 days is followed to allow the efflorescence process to occur.
How long does sealer last?
The sealers that Perfect Pavers HRP uses are designed to last for at least three years in a normal residential application.
Does my hardscape require the same process every three years?
After the initial cleaning and sealing has taken place your hardscape will only require resetting if necessary, a light cleaning, and a reapplication of sealer.
What types of stains can be removed from my hardscape?
Any type of stain can be removed depending upon the severity of the stain. Common stains include asphalt, tar, blood, candy, ketchup, mustard, caulking, chewing gum, oil, leaves, wood rot, tobacco stains, bird droppings, mortar, car wax, dirt and clay. In cases where the stain is too severe, replacement of the material is another option.